Tons of families flock to Hilton Head Island's beaches each year to vacation and have an absolute ball. And you can count my family in that mix as well!
One of life’s highlights for my wife and I is enjoying some quality time with family members right here on the beaches of Hilton Head Island. For my children, the beaches are a nostalgic place to remember fond family memories. And for my beautiful grandchildren, they’re a place to form priceless new ones.
So what makes our beach communities so attractive compared to all of the other beach communities in the state? Well... How much time do you have?
What Makes Hilton Head Island Special?
Here are four reasons why families love our community its beaches:
- We offer 12 miles of incredible, well-kept beachfront right along the Atlantic Ocean.
- The island is home to dozens of top-notch golf courses.
- Our family-oriented community offer ample privacy, tranquility and serenity to residents and visitors.
- 90% of the structures on the ocean are homes rather than towering condominiums, which makes for a far less crowded, and more enjoyable day at the beach.
Here on the island (which, by the way, is the second largest island on the East Coast after Long Island), there is never a shortage of demand for properties to buy or rent.
Perhaps that’s why a lot of investors are attracted to the real estate market here. Home buyers have the opportunity to purchase a home and rent it out to tourists and consequently generate tens of thousands of dollars in rental income every year. So many people are eager to enjoy a little slice of our paradise that the Hilton Head Island short-term rental market is quite robust.
Local Oceanside Communities That Make Great Investments
Every Hilton Head Island neighborhood is special in its own way, but there are some that are particularly popular among buyers, renters and investors alike.
Here are some outstanding oceanside communities on Hilton Head Island that are worth checking out if you’re considering purchasing or investing in a home:
- Port Royal: One of the unique amenities available here is the oceanfront Beach House, the only oceanfront park and pool complex that is totally private, meaning no tourists allowed!
- Palmetto Dunes: This 2,000-acre community was recently named the “#1 Family Resort in the U.S. and Canada” by Travel + Leisure Family. Palmetto Dunes is also where my family and I choose to stay each summer. (See photo above - I'm the old dude on the top left!)
- Shipyard:Many stunning homes and villas with awesome views of lagoons and golf courses are available.
- Sea Pines: Considered Hilton Head Island's first planned residential community, Sea Pines was originally conceived by Charles Fraser in 1956. Today, this 5200 acre real estate and resort community is the model for many other resorts throughout the world.
- Forest Beach: Because the beach is so accessible, many of the owners rent their homes out on the short-term vacation rental market.
- Folly Field: Close to the ocean, shopping and restaurants, residents here enjoy a great location for all types of recreation.
Purchase a Hilton Head Island Home Today!
Contact us at Rick Turner and Associates today to learn about available listings right now on the Hilton Head real estate market.
Investing here is an exceptionally smart decision because not only will you and your family be able to enjoy the location for generations (much like my family has done), but you'll also be able to generate terrific income if you decide to rent to others.
Contact us today to get the home buying process started!
Have a great day.