When it comes to having near perfect climate conditions, you’d be hard pressed to find a better place to live than Hilton Head Island!
This South Carolina community boasts incredible weather that enables residents to enjoy the beach and the great outdoors most days of the year!
In fact, it’s one of the main draws for people thinking about relocating to Hilton Head - in addition to other perks, such as incredible homes for sale and ample recreational amenities to enjoy!
Why The Hilton Head Climate is So Incredible
Hilton Head’s location means that residents only experience roughly 10 nights a year that go below freezing.
What’s more, because of this community’s seaside location, it has cooler summer temperatures and warmer winter temperatures than 100 miles inland because the temperature is regulated by the ocean. And summers here are characterized by refreshing afternoon breezes all season long!
Here are some other interesting facts about the kind of weather that you can expect here in Hilton Head:
- The local climate promotes year-round activities. In fact, people play tennis, golf, and go bicycling 365 days a year
- Gardening and sunbathing are also popular year-round recreational activities here thanks to this community’s sub-tropical climate.
- Charles Frazier recognized in the mid 1950s that the climate and beach in Hilton Head would be a major attraction. In 1957, he started building the Sea Pines world-class resort. How right he was!
- Unlike other beach and island locations (such as the Outer Banks), Hilton Head is easily accessible and only a few minutes off 1-95
- Hilton Head’s ideal climate also makes it a mecca for migratory birds. Bird lovers love the fact that more than 250 varieties of birds fly over the Lowcountry area each year!
Make the Hilton Head Island Area Your Next Home!
Can you see now why people are so eager to relocate to the Hilton Head and Bluffton areas? These communities offer a climate that is not as cold as up north nor as oppressively humid as in Florida.
Truly, this area’s climate is just right for enjoying the outdoors year round!
If this sounds like the kind of community you’d like to invest in, then please contact me, Rick Turner, your dedicated Hilton Head real estate expert!
I can tell you about available listings in such Hilton Head communities as Hilton Head Plantation and Moss Creek. I’ll also be happy to answer any questions you may have!
Have a wonderful day!
Rick Turner has been one of the top Realtors in the Hilton Head Island-Bluffton-Beaufort area for over 30 years. He loves being involved in community activities and spending time with his lovely wife. In his free time his wife and he thoroughly relish spending time with their children and grandchildren.
Engel & Volkers Hilton Head Island - Bluffton